Sunday, February 25, 2007

LoneSeek improvements.

Just a quick summary on what I have done today on LoneSeek:

  • Improvement on the algorithm which reads the packets: I have completly rewritten the code which parses the packets: It is now centralized as "class PacketStream".
  • I have added some events to the LoneSeekClient class: OnConnect, OnDisconnect and OnLogin. I guess you can figure out when they are called. ;-)
  • File indexing service, which is used for sharing. You can now specify directories, which will be searched for files with file extension you specify. Ha! A functionality the official SoulSeek client doesn't have!
  • Tell the server the number of files and directories we share.
  • Tell the server which port we use.
  • Improved the network code: The last two points above are only invoked when we are successfully logged in.

Well... more code will follow soon. I am aiming for implementing the chat functionality.

No comments: