Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A nice perl script

I wrote a neat perl script today. Quite helpful, in case someone is interested. The script 'createm3u' creates a M3U playlist with the files of a directory and its subdirectories matching a certain pattern you specify. Really neat to update an existing playlist or to quickly create a playlist:

flo@nolaloth$ ./createm3u.pl mymedia.m3u ~/music/ .mp3 .ogg

This creates a playlist called 'mymedia.m3u' out of all files of the directory '~/music/' which have either .mp3 or .ogg as file ending.

Download the script.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe offtopic, but I'm trying to add tags ID3v2 to MP3 files. It's working because I can read the tags again, but when I open the changed MP3 in winamp for example, the tags don't work... Do you have any experience with this? I can't seem to find any answers when asking Dr. Google.