Monday, February 26, 2007

My new notebook.

After the monitor of my old Fujitsu-Siemens M1425 broke again (it is pretty dark and seems to have a defective contact - the third time something broke) I decided to buy a new one and plug the Fujitsu-Siemens on my KVM switch. I wanted something around 15" but it does not have to have the newest hardware though. I am just using it for working and for programming. Therefore my voted down for a Lenovo Thinkpad R60E. Yeah, E, I guess what you are thinking, but I hadn't enough money for anything above "R60E". And all above are using a Core 2 Duo Mobile; power I would never really use the advantage of though. It might not be the fastest high end machine but it does its work! I pretty sure I will install a FreeBSD 6.2 with KDE on it, but I am unsure if I should keep the Windows 5.1 Home it came with or reinstall by using a Windows 5.1 Professional.

No comments: